- Do you have a good boss?
- What do you enjoy about working for him or her?
Throughout my life, I have worked for many bosses. Some served as mentors; they helped me grow by challenging and supporting me. Others employed the “sink or swim” approach. They didn’t go out of their way to help or hurt my career. I experienced only one borderline oppressive boss. The tagline for my website is, “Be the boss you’d like to work for.’ I preferred to work for bosses who supported and challenged me. The more knowledgeable, confident, and compassionate I became the more decision-making latitude they gave me. That is the kind of boss I became.
As a Life Coach, I work with leaders who want to enhance work relationships and increase productivity. I help them effectively address destructive office politics. You’ll gain a more specific understanding of how I do that when you visit my website : ProDestinyCoaching.com. I can sum up the essence of my approach with one word: gratitude. With an attitude of gratitude, you can transform your life and the lives of others.
Relationships work for those who work on them. Everyone who works in an organization from the CEO to front-line employees contributes positively or negatively to its culture. No one is a bystander. However, it is the leaders’ responsibility to set the tone.
Here are ten tone-setting quotes that will reinforce the success you have achieved and enhance your appreciation of those who work with you.
- “No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and the confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” Alfred North Whitehead
- “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. “Gratitude is shown by acts.” – Henry Frederic Amiel
- “Keep your eyes open and catch people in your company doing something right then praise them for it.” – Tom Hopkins
- “The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.” – William Janes
- “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” – Charles Schwab
- “At times our light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
- “As we express our gratitude we never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them/” – John F Kennedy
- “It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.” – Naomi Williams
- “We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count”. Neal Maxwell
How are you expressing gratitude?